Chef Marshall Smith’s August recipe is a delicious, summertime version of a classic favorite. It may be too hot for tomato soup but the weather is perfect for Tomato Gazpacho – and no one makes it quite like Chef Marshall.
Prep Your Ingredients
- 5 Pounds of Tomatoes (German Johnson or Cherokee Purple Suggested)
- Peeled and deseeded, reserve liquid
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1/4 Cup Garlic
- 1 Cucumber
- Peeled and seeded
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper
- Seeded and chopped
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Blended Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons of Chopped Basil
- 1 Lemon
- Juiced and zested
- 1/4 Cup of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup of Sherry Vinegar
- Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
Time to Blend
Once you have all of the ingredients above ready to go, put them into a blender and blend until you reach the desired texture. The fun part about this recipe is you can make it as chunky or as smooth as you like. Serve with a little drizzle of virgin olive oil and chopped fresh basil.
Stop in and let Marshall know how your home cooking went! Have a dish you are dying to learn to make? Email General Manager Mark Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org and it may become next month’s feature!